Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Proffessional Life" and Friendship Reverse Pyramid

     I still remember a day in college when I was busy in somewhere and my parents suddenly visited. I had so many friends taking care of them. In fact by the time I reached the canteen where they were sitting with my friends, I was really tired to hear from everyone that they had come.....
     I still remember the day when my room partner was hospitalised and we all had spent night sitting next to him in turns even when we had exams the next day.....
     I still remember the days when my room partner used to sleep near the shoe stand, as we used to have many friends in our room for group study ....
     I still remember the day when we left our college and started a new life ... so called "Professional Life" .... when I moved in to a new friend circle .... having fun in office and after office hours too ...
    I still remember the day when I used to go to office to work on the week ends so that I could meet the friends and play table tennis after the work ....
    I still remember the day when I started leading my first team and had a group few leads with whom I could share the joy of work ...
    But now ........ after so many years of "Professional Life" and moving across different roles .... I feel I miss those memories... surely have few good friends still  left , but they are so less that I can surely count them on fingers ... otherwise can see a lot of people around who are very warm when there is work ... but don't even bother to say hi when the need is over ....

Is it just my experience or is this a reality that as you keep riding the  "Professional Life" pyramid you keep moving down the Friendship Reverse Pyramid too ?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pulse, I am reading you after almost a decade post Great Eastern Hotel in Kolkata.It really touches my heart and I share the same feeling.
    - Rajat

    ReplyDelete